Saturday, July 08, 2006

Dreams





Hello beautiful friends!

I am unsure as to how to post pictures at this moment, so you will be left with only my words. I am in McCloud Gounj (sp?) now and it is the most beautiful place I have ever been. We are two miles up and in the clouds-literally.





We stayed in Delhi for three nights in what was (according to some) sort of a slum- but I thought it was great. It was a packed tibetan regugee colony. There aren't really roads, just alley ways. You think its raining- but really its the air conditioners dripping.







Delhi is a city of birds. The crows were everywhere- all over the hotel--which was covered in prayer flags. Yes, the city was dirty and polluted, but it was great. I imagine New Orleans being much the same in a few hundred years--except minus the intense religious influence.









cool points thus far:

-sihk temple- no shoes- flower chains- music/prayer
-ba'hai temple-shaped like a lotus- pools of clean water and full of birds (below)
-Tashi-one of our guides and LHA workers- is great and very friendly
-this entire town (completely gorgeous)
-the dalai lama's birthday in delhi- there was a big party with many different sets of women and children dancing- one little girl loved me and kept sitting on my lap and giving me her hair barrets- tashi asked her if i was her mom, she said 'no , my sister' :D There were flower chains everywhere and afterward I ate with the tibetans and indians celebrating
-Lahmo is the woman i am working with on her english- I just met ehr today but she's great- and a yogi :)

Dharamsala is filled with classes- learn massage, get massage, learn yoga, learn reiki, get acupuncture-or acupressure, play the sitar, etc, etc... The sun rises at 5:30 or earlier- and I must say it's far better to be up for that and enjoy this place during the day.

what else? so much. I suppose the beggars are difficult to deal with- only because there are so many- but what it costs to give to them translates to almost nothing for me
--I suppose it is just a lesson in my own humanity.

hope everyone is well --- much love -- me


note on pictures: first is really basic of McLeod from our hotel roof. The sunset picture is of the Yamuna River; it runs through Delhi and Agra as well (where the Taj is). That photo was taken from our hotel balcony. The other was just a picture of a rooftop in Majnu-ka-tilla. I loved the cramped, dingy buildings all covered in prayer flags. The last is the Ba'hai temple.

No comments: