So I believe my last post was likely a bit disheartening, but india isn't so bad. I went back and got drum lessons from swindly drum boy, and I actually love it and I'm really glad I'm finally learning to play.
and yeah- to anyone actually reading this we are really far away from Mumbai/Bombay and the train bombings. aka: i'm fine.
Today I'm leaving for a hike up to Triune- it's about five hours ending in being really high up and really cold. Should be spectacular.
I think the temple here is so far my favorite part. The streets are like malls but worse, and since i don't really like even going to malls, it gets a bit tiring. But the temple is so quiet and peaceful and in the morning the monks all pray for hours if you wake up early enough to hear them. The Tibetan people are also very beautiful. Maybe it's lots of good karma- they have high cheek bones and golden skin and the old women are always so kind and happy.
Ten ruppee (20 cent) momo's (dumplings) are also high on my list. yum. next post I will try to put up pictures.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laura!!! India sounds amazine, I'm sure you're having the time of your life! I love you!
Post a Comment