Saturday, December 09, 2006

Espana

LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! As chris Langley used to say: rawr!

What have I learned? What has been the purpose of all this? Fun is a transitory and somewhat shallow emotion- what exceeded that? Croatia offered much time for contemplation- a quiet, wintry land. Spain- craziness. I realize once again that there are niches all over the world that I would love.

There is both exhilaration and fear that accompanies the realization: I can go anywhere and survive. I am a tiny person in a huge world. Everything is bigger than me and yet I am a part of it all.

I have so very much to learn, as do we all. Traveling simply increases the awareness of my own empty mind. Lord do I try to fill it, but the world is far too large. And so I have worked on my heart- keep it open, keep it full. Has it worked? I hope. Hope.


So for a while, Bowie has graced my mind: chchchchanges..turn and face the strange, chchchanges, pretty soon now your gonna get older, time may change me, but I can’t change time

Notes to self (and you): listen to more rage against the machine
Learn to tag
Dance
Don’t Worry, Be Happy

I’m so glad I’m not Milagro- so glad to be me.

Note to others: stop listening to others when they are negative. If someone tells you you can’t do something- it’s only impossible in their fearful reality, and that is an illusion. Ignore them to the fullest and find your own path. You are all birds, and you are free.


To catch up:

Croatia- swimming, islands, rock, wine, cheese, climbing

Spain- major art museums of Madrid- the Prado and Reina Sofia, complete lack of sleep, gitanos, bar fights (not me not me!), playgrounds, pubs clubs and discos, calimocho, rage, dreadlocks, rastas, lights, more gitanos!!!, flamenco, big skirts and tight pants, white suits, more wine, cathedrals of epic proportions, postcards, pigeons, milagro, and uh- trains? –oh, socialism too, god bless

No comments: