Saturday, December 09, 2006

the journey

Dec. 4th/5th/why be a slave to time?

Learning. Someone shared the tale of a recovering druggie at home- this friend told him before he came on this voyage to learn, learn, learn. Not to have fun- to learn. Another girl shares her bout with clinical depression. She has learned again to love life, but realizes the value of walking through the dark. I see a lot of dark sometimes on this boat—but like I used to tell a friend, think of how much more powerful I will be at the end.

This trip has helped me to find my voice. I have realized I don’t know many things, but found strength to speak out about the things I do. I have questioned pretty much everything.

You know, this was planned out as a journal- a chronicle of my adventures to fill in all the folks back home. But I think I would bore you with a mere list- it wouldn’t do justice to my experience or your mental depth. Hope you don’t mind.

Pictures to come (in maybe a few weeks J )

No comments: